mercury

Default BOAPI Connection using Windows 7

Dear Hybrid,

I have problem with BOAPI connection using windows 7, would you please check this issue.

Regards,

Dear Mercury,

We will check the Backoffice API functionality including the connection event on Windows 7. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Yousef-HS; 04-17-2011 at 09:20 AM.

osense

Hi,

I faced such problem when I tried to use the BOAPI in windows 7 64-bit with microsoft .net 2010,, it will not login even if I wait forever..

I read a lot about this problem and found a solution which is turning the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) Off in windows 7 or vista, this DEP is a security feature in windows and it seems that it is blocking the connection for VertexFX's API...
    You can turn the DEP off by using the following command in the CMD:
    1) go to run, and type CMD
    2) enter the following command: ( bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff )
    this will turn the DEP off, and then you can work normally...

If you want to switch the DEP ON again, just enter the following command ( bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx OptOut ).

I notified Hybrid Solutions about this issue, and it must be solved without turning the DEP off, but consider this as a work around.

SOURCE LINK: http://jtstroup.net/post/Attempted-t...s-corrupt.aspx

Enjoy

Smile Windows 7 Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    Dear Hybrid,

I have problem with BOAPI connection using windows 7, would you please check this issue.

Regards,

Dear Mercury,

As osense mentioned in his/her post, in some cases Windows vista/Windows 7 prevent some executable codes from running/executing probably. This happens because of Data Execution Prevention (DEP) this happens in some cases, which means, this does not apply on all machines, the API could work on different machines with the same Operating System..

Snippet from Wikipedia about this:

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region. This helps prevent certain exploits that store code via a buffer overflow, for example. DEP runs in two modes: hardware-enforced DEP for CPUs that can mark memory pages as non-executable, and software-enforced DEP with a limited prevention for CPUs that do not have hardware support. Software-enforced DEP does not protect from execution of code in data pages, but instead from another type of attack (SEH overwrite).
    The fix/solution for this case is that we have wrote two patch files for turning on DEP and turning off DEP. This way, you will be able to turn on/off the DEP at anytime you want. You can download those patch files by clicking here.

After turning off the DEP, restart your machine.

You may get more information about DEP by Clicking Here...
    Last edited by Yousef-HS; 02-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.

osense

HI,
    where are those patches that you wrote ?!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by osense View Post
    HI,
    where are those patches that you wrote ?!
    You can find them in my earlier post, also, you can download them by
    clicking here.

Thread Information